Spreading Holiday Cheer: Baking with Cannabis
Peppermint Candy Cane Special Brownies
Recipe adapted from Dinner Then Dessert
This delicious and easy-to-follow recipe is a holiday twist on a classic that lends itself easily to cannabis infusion.
- 1/2 cup melted butter (unsalted)
- 2 eggs (on the bigger side)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Highnorth dark chocolate edibles, crushed into chunks
- 1 cup chocolate chips (minus your desired quantity of cannabis-infused chocolate chunks)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and greasing a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the following ingredients using a whisk: butter, egg, granulated white sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Once those ingredients have combined nicely, mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in the cannabis-infused chocolate chunks and chips. However, sub in as much cannabis-infused chocolate for regular chips as you want, depending on your tolerance. We suggest using this chocolate from Highnorth, which has a medium potency.
- Once everything is good and mixed, pour the batter into the greased pan, top with crushed candy cane, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Once your brownies are done, let them cool before enjoying.
Stained Glass Butter Cookies with Weed Gummies
Recipe adapted from On My Kids Plate
Few things evoke holiday nostalgia more than butter cookies, a dessert that’s as delicious as it is timeless. In this case, using a cannabis-infused gummy between two layers of cookie will create a dazzling stained glass effect that brings holiday cheer directly into your stomach.
Shop for ‘edibles near me’ for a few THC infused weed gummies, and lets get started.
- 3/4 cup butter (unsalted)
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces diced River Driver Strawberry Gummies and/or River Driver Apple Gummies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. You should also prep your kitchen counter or workspace.
- Grab a sizable bowl, and cream the white sugar and butter. Be careful not to overdo it.
- Take an egg, separating it into yolk and white, and put each in a different bowl. Then crack the second egg into the bowl with the yolk and whisk it together with the vanilla. Take that mixture and pour it into the creamed butter and sugar. Discard the extra white.
- Now add the flour and salt into the butter, sugar, and egg batter using a stand mixer. Blend everything until the dough is ready for rolling, then plop it onto the counter (floured as needed) and roll until it’s 3/8 of an inch thick.
- Bust out your cookie cutters – 3 inches and round – and get to the work of cutting. Then, using a tiny holiday cookie cutter (or improvise), cut a 1-inch pattern in the middle of each cookie. Bake for nine to 11 minutes, until just on the cusp of finished.
- While the cookies bake, dice 8 ounces of River Driver Strawberry Gummies and/or River Driver Apple Gummies into small pieces. Once the cookies are done, place the diced gummies into the cookie centers, and bake for one to two minutes.
- After the gummies melt in the middle (use a toothpick to spread into the corners if needed), let the cookies cool and marvel as they turn into little stained glass holiday ornaments.
Edibles Near Me for Baking With Cannabis
These are just two recipes to enjoy holiday baking with a twist, each easy enough for any novice baker to execute. Just be sure to test your delicious baked goods before you give them to your friends and family, and get their consent. Everyone has a different tolerance, after all!